CURIOUS AMANDA
Hey guys. It’s me again. I know you missed me.
I’m going to be doing something different. I decided to write a novelette. A short novel. I’ll upload it in 3 parts. So, if you want to know when I do, subscribe. Please read and give your honest opinions. Enjoy…………
CURIOUS AMANDA
“Amanda. Why did you do it? we warned you not to. You should have listened.”
I don’t even understand why I did it. I was given just one instruction and I couldn’t even follow that. I don’t know why I was so curious to find out something that didn’t even concern me. They do say curiosity killed the cat and it seems that same curiosity is going be the death of me. Let me start from the beginning.
Like every teenager just out of Highschool, I wanted to find a job to earn money for college. I tried to find something that actually suit me but there was no such thing. I tried sales girl at a pizza and smoothie place and ended getting into a fight with one of the customers. In my defense, she had it coming when she lied to my manager that I put gum in her smoothie. Then I tried being an usher. I put on quite a show. So, at one of the events, a high-class event with models, I dumped lasagna on one of the model’s white dress by mistake when I tripped on her heels. I think she made me trip on purpose but no one believed me when I told the story. Well, let me tell you, that model was not happy and she tried to scratch my face with her cat-like nails.
And then I tried modelling. I gave up after the director kept trying to make sleep with him and make me wear revealing clothes for the shoots. I might be desperate but I’m not that desperate. And my boyfriend would not like that. Did I mention I have a boyfriend? No? That’s because he doesn’t exist. After I quit the job, on my way home, mother nature finally smiled on me. I found the perfect job.
I saw a flier for “Babysitter Needed. Pay is four hundred dollars per week”. I swear my jaw nearly dropped. It was like the universe finally remembered me. you know when people say somethings are too good to be true? Well this turned out to be……………. TRUE. I took a picture cause of the address and decided I would go the next day. I got home, to meet a delicious plate of lasagna in the kitchen, what a coincidence. I can’t look at lasagna without remembering that cat-model. I saw a note on the kitchen counter. The note was from my parents, they would not be coming tonight so I should lock the doors. My parents are doctors and sometimes stay over. I’m the only child by the way. I know what you are thinking. Why do I need to find a job when my parents are doctors? Actually, I don’t but I like the feeling of being independent. I called them and told them about my interview and they wished me luck. No matter how busy they are, they always have time for me.
Next day. I had my bath, ate my cereal and set sail on the boat of money. Sorry I meant job-seeking. Who am I kidding? I meant money. It turns out the house was in a really rich neighborhood. No wonder they are ready to pay that much for a babysitter, I got to the gate of the house and that when I felt this strange feeling. I ignored it because I thought it was just the new environment. It could have been because the house was three-stories. I rang the bell and one old guy, that looked like a butler, opened the gate.
“You are here for the interview, are you not?” he asked me in a British accent that was so thick I felt tempted to reply the same way. I said I was, in my most polite manner and he led me to a large room and told me to wait while he informed the family. Five minutes later, two little children ran across the room and started jumping around the place. I tried my very best not to tell them to shut up because that wouldn’t speak well of someone that came for a babysitting job, would it? One thing I noticed was the children did not have British accent, they sounded American.
“what is your name, young lady?” I turned to find the owner of that deep voice and saw a young man. This man was quite handsome. He had brown hair, blue eyes and broad shoulders. Instead of me answering the simple question, I kept staring at the handsome specie in front of me. Then I remembered that he is a married man with kids. That snapped me out of it.
“Amanda parker” I tried not to look into those blue eyes. He sat gracefully in front of me and crossed his legs. I wished someone would turn up the AC cause the room just got hotter. He noticed his children playing and ordered them to sit still. The boy, Coby, sat quietly but the girl, Sabrina, threw a tantrum before sitting. I was definitely not looking forward to spending time with her. Now back to the handsome god whose name happened to be Chris Sandler, in front of me. He asked a couple of questions about Highschool and college, then asked when I could start. I didn’t think getting the job would be so easy. He said he needed a babysitter soon because he didn’t feel comfortable leaving them alone especially since his wife was dead. My heart broke when I heard this but that feeling soon left when I noticed that the children actually tried to protest but one look from their father silenced them. I also wondered why there were no pictures of MRS Sandler.
That's all for today guys.
IN CONCLUSION
Don't worry, i'll upload part 2 quickly. I just want to know what you think.
BY THE WAY...……..
if you want to know when I upload, please subscribe. the button is up there. Please share to as many people as you can please. leave your honest opinions in the comment section. it will help me know if I should upload the rest.
#multi-talents





I'll like to see where this leads...
ReplyDelete🤗🤗
Deletenice...keep it coming
ReplyDelete😍💃
DeleteNice!!
ReplyDeleteThanks
DeleteLove your story , kept me engaged ..looking forward to the next one o
ReplyDelete🌚🌚
Deletethanks so much
DeleteNice . 😘👌
ReplyDeleteTHANKS
DeleteI'LL BE USING WORDPRESS FROM NOW
https://wordpress.com/home/multimeeblog.wordpress.com
Well done b♥
ReplyDeleteWhy are you switching to WordPress? !
thanks
Deleteblogger is quite stressful
there are buttons blogger doesn't have